The ring camera is one of the latest security technologies that allows one to extend the Ring of Security around their entire property. It allows the mo0nitoring of property from whichever place one is on the phone, laptop, tablet or PC. It is meant to alert and show videos on intruders in case there is one. This articles outlines the processes of installing this camera in the premises ranging on how best it can be used to the installation process. It covers the Features, physical installation, in app setup, charging and troubleshooting.
First and foremost, it is easier to set up and use this camera as it is mostly done by an app, the ring app. So one has to start by installing the app. Then make sure that the battery is fully charged before starting the installation process.
- Download the ring app from one of the app stores or visit ring.com/app.
- Then set up the spotlight cam near the router.
- After this, tap the Live View button in the Ring app to see video from the camera.
- Note that if the white light at the bottom of the spotlight cam flashes, it means that it is updating its software. Wait till it stops and the update shall have finished.
- Test video quality by the cam and ensure that it is the way you want it to.
- Then remove the mounting plate on the cam and, insert the mounting plate with the ball socket pointing down in case the cam is meant to be mounted on the wall. Iinsert the mounting plate with the ball socket pointing up in case the cam is meant to be mounted on the eave. This can be checked on the manual. How to mount the cam.
- Then install the mounting bracket on the wall then mount the cam. (Also check this on the manual on how to mount the cam)
- It is recommended to use a ring solar panel as this will assist in energy hence prevent the switching of batteries.
- After mounting the cam in the proper way, adjust it to the best direction that needs surveillance.
- Then select your spotlight cam in the ring app to open the Device Dashboard, from here, one can change settings and access various features.
- Check the battery level from the app and turn notification on or off. This is meant for event alerts.
- Then select motion zones such that in case the cam notices motion in the selected zones it will alert you through your device.
- At this point the cam is ready to serve the user better. A live event begins when motion is detected or when selecting Live View.
- The ring video recording is an optional feature that assists in saving the videos for the user to view later.
- The manual comes with the ways to troubleshoot the ring camera in case of any problems.
The above process should be able to assist one in installing and knowing how to use a ring camera. Note that the product manual has more on the installation with images on how to mount the ring camera.