Antiviruses are the most essential programmes on a computer as they assist in prevention of viruses, malware and spyware from affecting computers. This makes it necessary to have antiviruses always running on a computer. There are a lot of viruses and spyware on the internet and can affect the computers at any moment causing damage on the files in an operating system.
The following steps should be followed while installing an antivirus:
- First and foremost, one needs to understand the need for the antivirus. Windows is the OS that is prone to the dangers of viruses as it is used by many people across the world. Hence needs the best antivirus and one that is always running.
- Insert the CD or DVD that has the antivirus into the computer, the installation process should start automatically with a window opening that will guide you through the installation process.
- However, if the antivirus was downloaded and it is in a zip file, extract the files n the zip and look for a file named setup.exe or install.exe or any other file with a .exe extension. In case of a file, there is no extraction but one goes directly into locating the files with the .exe extension. Double click on the file to start the installation process. Also the same window that takes you through the installation process opens.
- The installation process will provide you with the recommendations and prompt you to select the best options in which the antivirus will operate properly.
- Decline the installation of any other programs that may be prompted by the installation wizard. This s because there is no and additional program that is needed for an antivirus to run properly
- Close all the install windows when the installation is finished and remove the disk or delete the files on the computer if you are sure you won’t need them again.
At this point, the antivirus is already installed in your computer. It is recommended that you restart your computer so that any changed settings in the operating system can take effect. If you receive a prompt to update the antivirus, you are highly recommended to do so.