Ubiquity Nano station is a very vital device when it comes to sharing of network. It is the ideal device for connecting two remote locations on one network. This is the therefore the best device for sharing broadband across distance and for bridging networks. The Nano Bridge supporting AP-WDS can link up to six remote buildings over one connection. It is therefore a very important device in the bridging of AP stations. This article outlines the steps taken in configuring the ubiquity Nano Station as Access Point Station Bridge.
The following steps assist a lot in successful configuration of ubiquity Nano station as Access Point Station Bridge.
- Installation is simple. The units are placed at both ends of the network and then connected to Ethernet cables. For instance one unit connected in the modem and another one connected to an Ethernet switch or a WI-FI Access Point at the other location. This means that a virtual network cable between two facilities. I this case, there is no routing configuration and this makes the network setup so simple. All protocols work perfectly.
- After successfully creating the hardware, then the need to create a WI-FI access point arises. To create a high performance WI-FI with a long range, log in to Air OS management software and set to AP mode. Note that the hardware part of the Nano Station that one has also assists a lot when t comes in the wide range coverage. For instance, Nano Station M2 is ideal for covering sports grounds and outdoor areas with a sector-by-sector approach.
- At this point, the unit is ready to be mounted. It is recommended to put it at an higher place like the roof as all the networking hardware in the unit are integrated and the unit Is also weather proof for permanent installation at a certain place. It can survive the toughest weather conditions.
- One end of the Ethernet cable s plugged into the Nano station and the other into the Power over Ethernet injector. This injector s plugged into the AC power. This setup has a role to allow one cable to carry the network traffic and at the same time power the unit.
- Note that t is recommended to use two surge protectors one near the Nano Station and the other one at the building’s entry point in the case of outdoor installations.
The above setup procedure should be able to give out steps to be followed so as to successfully configure ubiquity Nano station as Access point Station Bridge.