Mikrotik port forwarding is used to redirect a request from mikrotik port number and IP address combination to a local port number and IP address. This assists a lot in remote access of your data in a server. There are different ways of configuring mikrotik for port forwarding on different processes. This article focuses on the configuration of the mikrotik port forwarding using a winbox.
The following steps will assist a lot in the process of configuring mikrotik port forwarding
- Using winbox, login to the mikrotik router with the admin previllages.
- Go to IP then to firewall menu item and click on NAT tab, click on the plus sign. This opens a NAT rule window
- Go to general and from the chain dropdown menu, choose dstnat. In the Dst .address input field, Put the MikroTik WAN IP which is 175.58 this ranges from 58 to .198.
- From protocol dropdown menu, choose TCP.
- In DST port input field, put 80 because the web server works on TCP port 80.
- Click action tab. This shows an action dropdown menu. Choose dst-nat.
- On the Address input field, put the web server IP ADDRESS and put the 80 on the ports input field.
- Click apply and then OK button
- Now at this [point, the mikrotik port forwarding is configured. To access your servers remotely just type the IP address and you will be able to see the data.
These steps should be able to assist you configure your Mikrotik port forwarding aim using a WinBox. These steps are similar to all the other processes steps.