The LHG 5 can be used as Point to point connection over WI-FI. It is and outdoor system that has a built in antenna. This article outlines the process of configuring the Mikrotik LHG 5 light head grid as point to point WI-FI. The following process is to be followed for a successful configuration of the LHG 5.
First and foremost, the device has to be assembled and all the parts attached to their respective places. Attach the assembled LHG unit to the grid appropriately and attach the legs to the case, using two self-thread screws, fix the legs. Fix the grounded cable connector and 5 degree angle adapters appropriately. More details are available on the internet on how to assemble the LHGs.
After assembling, the device needs to be connected. This is done by:
- Open the Ethernet door to connect your PC or LAN cable to the Ethernet port, connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to a PoE injector
- Ensure that you set the LAN computer IP configuration to automatic
- Open your browser and on the address tab, type 192.168.88.1
- This starts configuration process. Note that the username is “admin” and there is no password.
- In case the IP connection is not available use win box to connect to the MAC address of the device
- Note that the router accepts from passive PoE injectors only.
- If you want to boot the device from network the following procedure is followed. While booting, long-press the RESET button of the device till the LED light turns off. At that point, the device will start looking for net install servers.
- Note that either straight or cross-over cables can be used for connecting to other network devices.
- Note that the RESET button has got 3 functions and the functions depends with how long one presses the button that is:
- To reset router OS configuration: Long press the button when the device s booting till the LED light starts flashing and then release the button. This is approximately 5
- Turn on CAPs mode : continue pressing the button till the LED light turns solid. This is approximately 5 more second from the time the light turned LED
- Make the Router BOARD look for Netinstall servers: Keep holding the light till it goes off. This is approximately 5 more second from the time the light turned solid.