M5 as a ubiquity device can be configured as point to point wireless connection for data transmission. This article focuses on the steps taken so as to successfully configure Local M5 as point to point bridge for data transmission.
First and foremost, the device has to be properly and carefully unboxed. Then the following steps will guide you on how to configure the M5 router for the point to point bridge.
- A P2P device wired physically to your network referred to as ROOT BRIDGE. One needs to connect their work station to this device. This s done by pasting this address (192.168.1.x).
- Make sure that there is a connection between your device and the Nano Beam M5`s LAN interphase.
- The next step is pointing your browser to 220.127.116.11. The default username and password at this point is ubnt and ubnt simultaneously.
- The next step is changing the login and password into your own preferred details.
- Then make the following wireless changes:
- Wireless then mode: set the Backbone to AP – mesh point(remote) = station
- Wireless then WDS (Transparent bridge) Set the mode to ENABLED
- Wireless then SSID and change the SSID
- Wireless then Wireless security and set the WPA2-AES by changing the keys to your preferred password
6. Make the following Network changes
- Network and then the bridge mode
- Network and then configure and set management Net Settings to static
7. On the system, Change device name and time zone.
8. Make the same changes to the mesh point(this is the other end of your connection)
9. Place the trans receivers at the correct pint for the network to be received and also the correct angle. A 35 degree angle is the angle allowed for these devices.
These steps should assist you configure local M5 as point to point for data transmission. This setup configuration is almost similar to all ubiquity devices.